This Mandatory Training Module will help you find out about issues of working in teams.
- Explore exactly what makes a team
- How effective and enjoyable it can be to work in a team
- How team structures differ
- How teamwork optimises patient/client care
- Describe some characteristics of effective teams
- Involve yourself effectively within a team
- Be able to recognise - and when possible prevent - problems within your team
This module is intended for staff commencing employment at any level in the healthcare sector.
Validation of learning
- A card or letter from a patient thanking you for your care
- A reflective, de-identified story about how you have implemented your learning
- An appraisal that demonstrates your ability to work well in a team
This material was developed by the content expert listed below. It is presented by a professional presenter.
Dr Andrew Crowther, RN, MA, PhD, CertEd. Andrew is adjunct Associate Professor in Nursing at Charles Sturt University and an educator in private practice in South Australia. He has wide experience as a clinician, educator and senior manager in the healthcare sector and as a teacher and researcher in university Schools of Nursing. Andrew has been variously, Associate Head of School, Head of School and Sub Dean, Research, Honours and Graduate Studies. He is the editor of a textbook for nurse managers and has around twenty publications on a range of subjects.