This Mandatory Training Module will help you explore the issue of behaving respectfully - especially when you are at work. The expectation is that you will be able to apply insights gained to your practice.
- Workplace culture
- Bullying and harassment
- Leadership and safety
- Zero tolerance
- Recognise factors that contribute to poor workplace culture
- Describe a respectful workplace
- Be more aware of how you contribute to a respectful workplace
This module is intended for staff commencing employment at any level in the healthcare sector.
Validation of learning:
- A card or letter from a patient thanking you for your care
- A reflective, de-identified story about how you have implemented your learning
- An appraisal that demonstrates that you have contributed to a respectful workplace
This material was developed by the content expert listed below. It is presented by a professional presenter.
Dr Andrew Crowther, RN, MA, PhD, CertEd. Andrew is adjunct Associate Professor in Nursing at Charles Sturt University and an educator in private practice in South Australia. He has wide experience as a clinician, educator and senior manager in the healthcare sector and as a teacher and researcher in university Schools of Nursing. Andrew has been variously, Associate Head of School, Head of School and Sub Dean, Research, Honours and Graduate Studies. He is the editor of a textbook for nurse managers and has around twenty publications on a range of subjects.