The Ausmed Education Learning Centre is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Provider number is P0342.
This Course explores evidence-based guidelines for pain management and includes information on acute, chronic and post-surgical pharmacological pain relief using a multidisciplinary approach.
- <li>Non-opioid analgesics</li>
- <li>Opioid analgesics</li>
- <li>Other therapies for pain management</li>
The purpose of the Course is to provide a review of pharmacological options and their uses for effective relief of acute or chronic pain.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the pharmacology of analgesics in order to facilitate safe and effective pain relief for patients
- Apply current knowledge of non-opioid analgesics for the safe administration of these medicines
- Choose an appropriate opioid analgesic based on your assessment to facilitate best practice pain management
- Use knowledge about alternative therapies for pain management to guide patients in their pain management plan
All health professionals, but especially those who may administer opioids and analgesics, as part of the management of acute, chronic and post-surgical pain.
No conflict of interest exists for anyone in the position to control content for this activity. Wherever possible, generic or non-proprietary names of medications or products have been used.