Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

CPD
9m
Cover image for lecture: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Lecture Overview

This silent killer is more dangerous than we suspect - about 50% of people who experience severe, acute carbon monoxide poisoning will become neurologically disabled and may suffer from lifetime neurological problems that render them unable to function without help. And this is unable to be treated. In this frank talk, Dr Shaun Greene explores the largely unknown and unsuspected toxicity that can arise from carbon monoxide poisoning, and if hyperbaric oxygen therapy really is the best treatment...

Educators

Portrait of Shaun Greene
Shaun Greene

Dr Shaun Greene is a clinical toxicologist and emergency medicine physician who works at Austin Health in Melbourne. He is currently medical director of the Victorian Poisons Information Centre and Director of the Austin Hospital Clinical Toxicology Service. Shaun trained as a clinical toxicologist in the United Kingdom where he developed a keen professional interest in recreational drugs. His research interests include novel psychoactive substances and pharmaceutical opioid harm reduction. See Educator Profile

Details
CPD9m of CPD
First Published09 April 2017
Updated09 April 2017
Expires
20 February 2019
Topics
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Cardiovascular
Critical Care
Emergency
Patient Safety
Drugs
Neuroscience
Addiction and Substance Abuse
Learning Tools