This Course provides comprehensive information about a range of complex conditions affecting the vulva and vagina, including treatment options for these conditions.
- Describe disorders of the female genitalia
- Identify and describe the clinical features of common disorders of the vulva and vagina
- Explain how to prevent disorders of the vulva and vagina from becoming chronic
- Incidence of the disorders affecting the vulva and vagina
- Common disorders and their treatment
- Female genital mutilation
Health professionals caring for women of all ages, and especially those working in women's health, primary practice, paediatrics, and adolescent health.
Enhance knowledge of diseases of the vulva and vagina.
Disorders of the vulval and vagina occur nearly as frequently as pregnancy related disorders. Early detection and intervention can prevent further progression of disease and can provide women with symptomatic relief. As many treatment options are available for vulval and vaginal disorders, health professionals who work with women across the lifespan must first understand what the disorders are and why some treatment options may be more suitable than others.
Health professionals in Australia that are registered with AHPRA are required to obtain continuing professional development (CPD) hours/points each year that relates to their context of practice, in order to comply with mandatory regulatory requirements.