This Course provides basic information of common issues surrounding pre-travel departure and preparation. You are encouraged to seek further learning on this topic if you wish to undertake a broader comprehensive course in travel health.
- Travel trends and statistics
- Common diseases
- Vulnerable travellers
- Preparation of the travel health provider
- Continuing education and resources
Health professionals who are counselling patients about pre-travel health strategies, including registered nurses in areas such as paediatrics and general practice, as well as midwives and Nurse Practitioners.
The purpose of this Course is to further your understanding of the epidemiology of travel-related diseases in the South-East Asia region, as well as associated responsibilities.
Australians travel overseas for a variety of reasons; increasingly nurses are part of the preparation of these travellers.
Knowing what subjects to discuss for preventative health strategies is important, particularly in special populations.
- Use your knowledge of immediate travel-related disease risks to inform and prepare travellers for their trip to South East Asia
- Create a learning plan of how to ensure your counselling and knowledge can be kept up-to-date for those who want to engage in pre-travel preparation
No conflict of interest exists for anyone in the position to control content for this activity. Wherever possible, generic or non-proprietary names of medications or products have been used.