Ausmed Education Position Statement: Continuing Professional Development
Revised April 2018
Ausmed Education Pty Ltd has been a provider of continuing professional development for health professionals for over 30 years. Our core principle is that education is the means to continual improvement in the healthcare of the community.
Ausmed Education’s Continuing Professional Development position is that:
- Continuing professional development is the means by which health professionals maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge, expertise and competence, and develop the personal and professional qualities required throughout their professional lives (NMBA 2016);
- CPD is a lifelong process for all health professionals and is essential to the provision of safe and effective healthcare as well as meeting community expectations;
- Health professionals are individually accountable for their practice and responsible for their own learning. To ensure best patient care, their knowledge and skills must remain current and relevant to the evidenced and service changes that frequently occur in the provision of healthcare.
In support of its position, Ausmed Education:
- Works within a continuous improvement environment to provide engaging and relevant learning experiences for nurses, midwives and other health professionals seeking educational opportunities that support their professional development;
- Develops its education programs within an internationally recognised standards framework for continuing professional development that is designed to ensure they are properly planned, implemented and evaluated; and, provide substantive and accessible professional learning experiences;
- Will continue to use advances in technology and research to improve the learning environment to meet expectations about the level of integrity and quality of its education programs.