Ausmed CPD Help and FAQs
Welcome to Ausmed
Do you need some help? Take a moment to browse through these Frequently Asked Questions or scroll directly to the bottom of this page to make a suggestion or contact us for individual support.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Ausmed Online?
Ausmed Online is a platform for health professionals to manage their continuing professional development (CPD), or continuing education (CE). The platform enables live tracking of a learner's progress, and encourages high-quality documentation and learning through easy to use software and support.
Thousands of health professionals already use the Ausmed website and accompanying Ausmed CPD smartphone app to record their CPD.
Is Ausmed Online free?
Yes. Ausmed Online is free to use.
How do I document CPD?
To document a CPD activity, simply click on the blue document CPD button and follow the documentation prompts. Upon completion, your documentation will automatically be saved to your account and your yearly CPD requirement will be updated.
What counts as CPD?
There are a variety of regular activities that can be considered CPD. It can be formal learning such as a postgraduate course, or an opportunistic unscheduled event from your experience that includes reflection on your practice. Examples of CPD include (but are not limited to):
- Attending a CPD seminar or workshop
- Attending a conference
- Watching a video learning activity online
- Listening to nursing lectures
- Online CPD for nurses or midwives in general
- Writing or reviewing educational materials, nursing articles, journal articles, books
- Completing a self-directed learning package
- Presenting at an in–service, workshop or developing educational tools
- Undertaking postgraduate course units which are of relevance to your context of practice
- Acting as a preceptor, mentor or tutor
- Reflecting on feedback, keeping a practice journal
- Participating in clinical audits, critical incident monitoring, case reviews or clinical meetings
- Participating in a professional reading and discussion group
- Developing policy, protocols and guidelines
- Working with a mentor to improve practice
- Conducting or contributing to research
How do I upload files to my documentation?
Find the documented activity you wish to upload a file to, open the activity and find the evidence section of the page. Click on 'Upload Evidence' to be prompted to choose the file you wish to upload.
How do I write a reflection?
Reflection is an important part of your documentation as it provides evidence of the true impact of the learning upon your practice. Ausmed provides three questions to assist you in writing your evaluation:
- Why did you engage in this education?
- What were the main learning outcomes?
- How will this education change the way you care?
Effective CPD activities are those in which learning is most likely to lead to a change in practice. Therefore any CPD activity should be evaluated in terms of its impact on practice i.e. how did it/will it make a difference? Evaluation reinforces learning and alignment with your learning goals, demonstrates relevance to competency or practice standards and helps you to choose your learning effectively.
Which professions/countries are supported?
Ausmed Online is open worldwide for both the documentation tool and online education.
However, some of the online learning content is based on Australian regulation standards. Some of the healthcare regulatory bodies we support with online content are as follows:
- Occupational Therapy Board of Australia
- Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Chiropractic Board of Australia
- Physiotherapy Board of Australia
- Chinese Medicine Board of Australia
- Pharmacy Board of Australia
- Paramedicine Board of Australia
- Psychology Board of Australia
- Osteopathy Board of Australia
- The Nursing & Midwifery Council (UK)
- Nursing Council of New Zealand
- 50+ regulatory boards in the US
We're continuing to improve our platform on a daily basis to expand and support the range of regulatory bodies in healthcare.
Do the app and website automatically synchronise?
Yes. The app and website will automatically update each other provided an internet connection is available.
Can I manage multiple professions?
Ausmed Online allows you to easily manage your CPD documentation across multiple professions or endorsements on the same board simultaneously. Simply select all applicable professions from the 'Professional profile' section of the settings panel. This will enable the profession assignment field in the documentation flow.
What is an Ausmed Subscription?
An Ausmed Subscription is a new paid account tier that provides you with access to additional features beyond the free Ausmed account tier. It is available as either a quarterly or annual subscription. It is designed to help users learn more and comply faster.
What's included in the Ausmed Subscription?
There are two core benefits available with an Ausmed Subscription: access to premium online education and access to advanced features. An Ausmed Subscription is designed to help you learn more and comply faster. More information about inclusions is available on the Ausmed Subscription landing page.
Can I continue to use the free Ausmed CPD app without an Ausmed Subscription?
Yes. You can continue to document your CPD for free and access the free in-app CPD articles. Ausmed Subscription content and Ausmed Subscription features will be clearly marked throughout the app. The documentation functionality of Ausmed.com and the Ausmed CPD app will remain free of charge.
Can I cancel my Ausmed Subscription?
Yes. You can cancel your Ausmed Subscription at any time. Simply log in to your account via the www.ausmed.com website, navigate to the settings page, click on the Subscription and Billing link on the left-hand side of the page and follow the instructions in the subscription detail section.
What happens to my documentation if I cancel my Ausmed Subscription?
If you cancel your Ausmed Subscription, your account will simply revert back to the free tier. You will still be able to document CPD and access the free CPD available on the platform. However, you will no longer have access to the premium educational content, or the advanced compliance tools. All of the information and learning you documented whilst having an Active Subscription will remain unchanged and available in your account.
How do I unlock Ausmed Subscription in the app?
An Ausmed Subscription works across both the ausmed website and Ausmed CPD smartphone app. Subscribing to an Ausmed Subscription on the Ausmed website will also automatically unlock the premium content and features in the app.
How do I register for an event?
You can register for all of Ausmed’s events online, via post/email or over the phone.
- To register online, locate the event you would like to attend on our website and click “Book Online Now”. Fill out the registration form and click “Confirm Registration”
- To register via post or email, fill out a registration form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it in the post to Level 1, 171 La Trobe Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- To register over the phone, just give us a call on 1300 287 633
No matter how you register, we will send you a confirmation email once your registration has been processed.
Will the event be catered?
Yes, it sure will. We provide morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea at all of our events.
What if I have a dietary or access requirement?
Send an email to email@example.com detailing your requirement and we will do our best to meet your needs.
Can a colleague take my place at an event I am registered for?
No worries, just let us know at least seven days prior to the event start date by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I cancel my event registration?
Yes. You can cancel your registration up until seven days prior to the first day of the event. To cancel, just send an email to email@example.com to let us know.
Can I transfer my registration to another event?
You are welcome to transfer to another event up until seven days prior to the first day of the event. To transfer, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which event you would like to transfer to.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions, suggestions or would simply like to provide feedback. Thank you.