Can you recognise the signs of liver disease or dysfunction? Begin this Course now and develop your assessment skills to immediately form a clearer clinical picture of a person with liver disease or dysfunction.
- What are the functions of the liver?
- How are these affected in liver disease?
- What clues from a head-to-toe assessment would reveal liver disease?
- A basic guide to interpreting pathology results and much, much more...
There is a wide range of liver diseases some of which are very complex and life reducing. Liver disease can affect every organ system in the body because of the complexity of liver function. These relationships make clinical assessment difficult and confusing - particularly because early manifestations of liver disease may be subtle.
Given the diversity of liver disease, it is likely that most health professionals will care for acute and chronically unwell people with this condition. This timely Course provides an opportunity to review liver function, assessment and common diseases to achieve best patient outcomes.
The purpose of this course is to review liver function, assessment and common disorders in order to support best outcomes in people with liver disease or dysfunction.
- Correlate clinical assessment findings with pathophysiological processes to better identify those at risk of liver disease and dysfunction.
- Apply knowledge relating to the identification of liver dysfunction to prevent complications.
- Prioritise the holistic care of a person who has liver disease or dysfunction.
This Course will be of interest to health professionals working in hospitals, primary care and in community settings who occasionally, or frequently, care for patients with liver disease.
No conflict of interest exists for anyone in the position to control content for this activity. Wherever possible, generic or non-proprietary names of medications or products have been used.